Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Looking for app to turn off phone at night or alarm only when phone is on

    Hi:

    I use my phone intermittently - sometimes it is on and sometimes it is off. When it is turned on, I'm looking for an app that will remind me to turn the phone off at night. Ideally the app will either power off the phone completely or sound an alarm at a specified time which will remind me to turn it off.

    I've tried the alarm clock function on the phone but that works even when the phone is turned off so it is not helpful.

    Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.
  2. #2  
    Indoler's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    263 Posts
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

    Default Re: Looking for app to turn off phone at night or alarm only when phone is on

    Quote Originally Posted by boxer03 View Post
    Hi:

    I use my phone intermittently - sometimes it is on and sometimes it is off. When it is turned on, I'm looking for an app that will remind me to turn the phone off at night. Ideally the app will either power off the phone completely or sound an alarm at a specified time which will remind me to turn it off.

    I've tried the alarm clock function on the phone but that works even when the phone is turned off so it is not helpful.

    Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.
    For reminders I recommend the free app 'Remind Me'.
  3. #3  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    31,145 Posts
    Global Posts
    31,643 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

    Default Re: Looking for app to turn off phone at night or alarm only when phone is on

    You can also set up a daily Google calendar reminder to turn your phone off.

    Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Looking for app to turn off phone at night or alarm only when phone is on

    Quote Originally Posted by Indoler View Post
    For reminders I recommend the free app 'Remind Me'.
    Thanks. Do you know if the "Remind Me" app will only work when the phone is turned on?

    I only need the reminder when the phone is turned on - I wouldn't want an app that turns my phone on only to remind me to turn it off.

    Also can a user easily set a daily reminder?
  5. #5  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    31,145 Posts
    Global Posts
    31,643 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

    Default Re: Looking for app to turn off phone at night or alarm only when phone is on

    Quote Originally Posted by boxer03 View Post
    Thanks. Do you know if the "Remind Me" app will only work when the phone is turned on?

    I only need the reminder when the phone is turned on - I wouldn't want an app that turns my phone on only to remind me to turn it off.

    Also can a user easily set a daily reminder?
    The calendar reminder will go off only when the phone is on. So if you turn your phone off earlier than the reminder, you will get it the next morning.
    Setting it is easy. With the calendar app pick the time you want to be reminded, when you get the details, scroll down to repeat, turn it on, and set for daily.

    Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App
    boxer03 likes this.
  6. #6  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    31,145 Posts
    Global Posts
    31,643 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

    Default Re: Looking for app to turn off phone at night or alarm only when phone is on

    Added screenshots

    Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Looking for app to turn off phone at night or alarm only when phone is on-1405270599734.jpg   Looking for app to turn off phone at night or alarm only when phone is on-1405270654637.jpg  
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Looking for app to turn off phone at night or alarm only when phone is on

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    The calendar reminder will go off only when the phone is on. So if you turn your phone off earlier than the reminder, you will get it the next morning.
    Setting it is easy. With the calendar app pick the time you want to be reminded, when you get the details, scroll down to repeat, turn it on, and set for daily.
    It worked and I didn't need to download a new app. Just wish the reminder notification rang a little longer so I'd be sure to hear it - I've set multiple reminders so hopefully that helps. Anyway it's better than where I was before. Thanks.
  8. #8  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    31,145 Posts
    Global Posts
    31,643 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

    Default Re: Looking for app to turn off phone at night or alarm only when phone is on

    Quote Originally Posted by boxer03 View Post
    It worked and I didn't need to download a new app. Just wish the reminder notification rang a little longer so I'd be sure to hear it - I've set multiple reminders so hopefully that helps. Anyway it's better than where I was before. Thanks.
    If you don't really use the calendar for anything else, you should be able to change the notification tone to a ringtone.

    Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

Similar Threads

  1. GalaxyBox, my new free game only on android.
    By CocoricoGames in forum Android Games
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-03-2015, 11:34 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-04-2014, 04:05 PM
  3. My moto g turned off by itself, why?
    By Venicio in forum Moto G (2013)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-14-2014, 10:10 AM
  4. Apps and Setting missing!
    By AlwaysSmile in forum LG G3
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-13-2014, 09:37 AM

Posting Permissions