Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Looking for app to turn off phone at night or alarm only when phone is on

Hi:

I use my phone intermittently - sometimes it is on and sometimes it is off. When it is turned on, I'm looking for an app that will remind me to turn the phone off at night. Ideally the app will either power off the phone completely or sound an alarm at a specified time which will remind me to turn it off.

I've tried the alarm clock function on the phone but that works even when the phone is turned off so it is not helpful.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Banned

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Default Re: Looking for app to turn off phone at night or alarm only when phone is on

Quote Originally Posted by boxer03 View Post
    Hi:

I use my phone intermittently - sometimes it is on and sometimes it is off. When it is turned on, I'm looking for an app that will remind me to turn the phone off at night. Ideally the app will either power off the phone completely or sound an alarm at a specified time which will remind me to turn it off.

I've tried the alarm clock function on the phone but that works even when the phone is turned off so it is not helpful.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.
    For reminders I recommend the free app 'Remind Me'.

Global Posts
    25,328 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: Looking for app to turn off phone at night or alarm only when phone is on

You can also set up a daily Google calendar reminder to turn your phone off.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Indoler View Post
    For reminders I recommend the free app 'Remind Me'.
    Thanks. Do you know if the "Remind Me" app will only work when the phone is turned on?

I only need the reminder when the phone is turned on - I wouldn't want an app that turns my phone on only to remind me to turn it off.

Also can a user easily set a daily reminder?

Global Posts
    25,328 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Thanks. Do you know if the "Remind Me" app will only work when the phone is turned on?

I only need the reminder when the phone is turned on - I wouldn't want an app that turns my phone on only to remind me to turn it off.

Also can a user easily set a daily reminder?
    The calendar reminder will go off only when the phone is on. So if you turn your phone off earlier than the reminder, you will get it the next morning.
    Setting it is easy. With the calendar app pick the time you want to be reminded, when you get the details, scroll down to repeat, turn it on, and set for daily.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    25,328 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Added screenshots

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Looking for app to turn off phone at night or alarm only when phone is on-1405270599734.jpg   Looking for app to turn off phone at night or alarm only when phone is on-1405270654637.jpg  

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    The calendar reminder will go off only when the phone is on. So if you turn your phone off earlier than the reminder, you will get it the next morning.
    Setting it is easy. With the calendar app pick the time you want to be reminded, when you get the details, scroll down to repeat, turn it on, and set for daily.
    It worked and I didn't need to download a new app. Just wish the reminder notification rang a little longer so I'd be sure to hear it - I've set multiple reminders so hopefully that helps. Anyway it's better than where I was before. Thanks.

Global Posts
    25,328 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

It worked and I didn't need to download a new app. Just wish the reminder notification rang a little longer so I'd be sure to hear it - I've set multiple reminders so hopefully that helps. Anyway it's better than where I was before. Thanks.
    If you don't really use the calendar for anything else, you should be able to change the notification tone to a ringtone.