help!! I forgot my alternative password
i just purchased a galaxy s5 a couple months ago and i have chosen the fingerprint security option as my main entry to my phone. however the option to use the scanner is not available for some reason right now on my phone. it is asking me to use my alternative password which i do not remember because i have been using the finger print scanner for so long. I am worried that i will have to wipe my device to get into it, i have many important photos/information on my phone, is there an alternative way to unlock my phone?
- 07-13-2014, 02:22 PM #2
Re: help!! I forgot my alternative password
This MAY work, and there probably is a much simpler route.
I used Android Device Manager to lock my 2nd phone, a galaxy S2, when I loaned it to someone for emergencies and forgot to reset it.
When I got it back I forgot I set a password or I used a combination of my default passwords it would not accept.
I was able to lock it again with Device manager with a new password, and then unlock it.
Last edited by Madd54; 07-13-2014 at 02:58 PM.I know nothing.
- By u2g0d in forum Samsung Gear LiveReplies: 13Last Post: 08-16-2014, 07:40 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 6Last Post: 07-14-2014, 12:40 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-13-2014, 12:08 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-13-2014, 11:57 AM
- By adonisdarling in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-13-2014, 11:50 AM