Something wrong with Youtube app; videos distorted?

OBF

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Am I the only one having an issue watching videos on the Youtube on their Android? Whenever I play a video, sometimes the picture will get all distorted and broken and greyish colors but I can still hear the video perfectly. I either have to forward and rewind for the video to clear up but sometimes the problem happens once again. This never happened until a few days ago. I included pictures of what I see to get a better idea of what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    518.9 KB · Views: 13
  • pic 2.jpg
    pic 2.jpg
    497.8 KB · Views: 13
  • pic 3.jpg
    pic 3.jpg
    621.2 KB · Views: 14

BRIMST0NE

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
had the same problem. it is on the youtube factory installed app.

when I first used it everything worked fine. then a few days later (after updates) it started doing exactly what the first poste displayed. I tried a lot of things but finally did a forced close and uninstall the updates. restarted the phone and everything works fine.

then a few days later (after updates) it starts playing videos then the video freezes and the audio goes on. I found that could be stopped by reducing the video resolution reduced to 480 instead of 720. worst freezing happens when the wireless speed drops below 100. Others have suggested disabling the ANT+ add ons (whatever they are and however you can do this, I have no idea).

Good luck!

SlappyMcgee

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I have been having the same issue for about a week now. I found that if you move the forward in the video then back it refreshes and reloads correctly. (Sometimes) I really hope they fix this issue, b/c this on top of the chrome browser giving a white page (on going issue for about a year) is a real pain.

jerix suzuki

Jul 9, 2017
Visit site
Am I the only one having an issue watching videos on the Youtube on their Android? Whenever I play a video, sometimes the picture will get all distorted and broken and greyish colors but I can still hear the video perfectly. I either have to forward and rewind for the video to clear up but sometimes the problem happens once again. This never happened until a few days ago. I included pictures of what I see to get a better idea of what I'm talking about.

Hey guys i have a solution to the problem.. i have a same problem too.. not just youtube videos but the video steaming apps is affected.. i using a samsung galaxy s3 and found the solution
On developers options.. scroll down until you see enable 4x MSAA and the one after that.. just disable it.. but if disable already just enable and disable and restart.. it works :) but if not work.. i'm sorry..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital