Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    OBF

Global Posts
    388 Global Posts

Default Something wrong with Youtube app; videos distorted?

Am I the only one having an issue watching videos on the Youtube on their Android? Whenever I play a video, sometimes the picture will get all distorted and broken and greyish colors but I can still hear the video perfectly. I either have to forward and rewind for the video to clear up but sometimes the problem happens once again. This never happened until a few days ago. I included pictures of what I see to get a better idea of what I'm talking about.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Something wrong with Youtube app; videos distorted?-pic-1.jpg   Something wrong with Youtube app; videos distorted?-pic-2.jpg   Something wrong with Youtube app; videos distorted?-pic-3.jpg  

Default Re: Something wrong with Youtube app; videos distorted?

I have no solutions to your problem, just wanted to let you know that I'm having the exact same problem. I have no idea what's going on. It's so strange.

Is it not something to do with the server or with streaming at a particularly busy time..?

Posted via Android Central App

Bumping this. I have the same issue. It goes away if i change the video quality to "auto" while the video is playing but i have to do this every time.

Any solutions to this? I have had this problem now since about 9/10/14 (little over a week).

I have the same issue.

had the same problem. it is on the youtube factory installed app.

when I first used it everything worked fine. then a few days later (after updates) it started doing exactly what the first poste displayed. I tried a lot of things but finally did a forced close and uninstall the updates. restarted the phone and everything works fine.

then a few days later (after updates) it starts playing videos then the video freezes and the audio goes on. I found that could be stopped by reducing the video resolution reduced to 480 instead of 720. worst freezing happens when the wireless speed drops below 100. Others have suggested disabling the ANT+ add ons (whatever they are and however you can do this, I have no idea).

Good luck!

I have been having the same issue for about a week now. I found that if you move the forward in the video then back it refreshes and reloads correctly. (Sometimes) I really hope they fix this issue, b/c this on top of the chrome browser giving a white page (on going issue for about a year) is a real pain.

Just uninstall the updates made and it will start working... something is wrong with the updates