Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Samsung Kies not restoring data

Hi i have just bought a galaxy S5 and backed up my LG as well as transferred all my data to the new phone, however there has been a problem with the battery, ive backed the S5 up a few times before they did a factory reset however when i went back in to put all the data back on the galaxy its not transferring my contacts and says there is an error, ive sold the LG to the shop so cant get anything off LG however i need all my contacts for business and im stumped, all help appreciated

Default Re: Samsung Kies not restoring data

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    Hi i have just bought a galaxy S5 and backed up my LG as well as transferred all my data to the new phone, however there has been a problem with the battery, ive backed the S5 up a few times before they did a factory reset however when i went back in to put all the data back on the galaxy its not transferring my contacts and says there is an error, ive sold the LG to the shop so cant get anything off LG however i need all my contacts for business and im stumped, all help appreciated
    Hello.
    Have you tried syncing with your Samsung account. After a reset it saved my notes and Note 3 Scrapbook book files, as well as Samsung synced contacts and calendar.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Default Re: Samsung Kies not restoring data

In Kies with the phone connected, Tools - Preferences - General will show you the default pc folder.
    Have you tried to restore contacts solely in Back up / Restore - Contacts.
    If I hover over Contacts here, it says "Contacts synced with external accounts such as the SIM card or Google will not be restored. Contacts synced with external accounts will be automatically added when you register and synchronise the account on your device."