Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default getting app onto old phone

I have an LG Optimus that was replaced by my Galaxy S3.

I'd like to get a solitaire game onto the Optimus but since it's not in use I don't know if that's possible.

If it is possible, how would I go about it?

Thanks

Global Posts
    17,429 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: getting app onto old phone

I am kind of confused....you want to put a solitare game on the Optimus? Can it be loaded through Play?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Welcome to Android Central! Your old Optimus should still work on wi-fi. Turn on the phone, turn on wi-fi, and connect to your home network. As long as the phone is logged into your Google account, you can go to Google Play Store (might be called Android Market if your phone is really old) and search for that solitaire game. Then install it.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

that's what I wondered...
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

hmmm..... i turned on wi-fi and it said the phone connected to my home network. signed in to google and opened google play. While looking through games it gave me Error 67:

Unable to established wireless data connection. Please select update Profile to correct this problem. If the problem persists, please contact your mobile phone company.

This keeps appearing regularly. Dismissing it doesn't end the cycle, and choosing Update Profile starts a routine saying 'The network is preparing your services. Please wait...' It eventually figures out there's not a network and throws up a box saying 'Client error. Please try again later.'

Then another box saying 'Error. Solitaire could not be downloaded due to an error. (Error retrieving information from server. [RPC:S-3])

Any ideas?