Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Camera Flash Note 3

The camera's flash on my Galaxy Note 3 does not work. It used to work. I have tried with Flash on and Auto but it still doesn't work
    Last edited by Golfdriver97; 07-16-2014 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Clarified Thread Title

Default Re: Flash Note 3

Does it work with 'lamp' apps like LED Flash or Smart Tools? Or does it just not turn on with your camera? If it's the latter, you could be in a mode that doesn't support Flash operation (although if you CAN change the setting, I doubt this is the case). You could also try a different camera app if you're sure the flash is still 'alive'.

If it doesn't turn on at all with other apps, then either the LED is dead or there could be something loose inside (maybe a connector). Either way, you'd need to take your phone in for repair.

I got a reply from Samsung saying that I need to take the phone to Samsung. A friend tried one last time and it worked! The torch also works. Thanks for taking the trouble to reply to my question

Well, if other apps can use the flash, then it's not hardware-related. It's gotta be the app itself. Don't let them pay for hardware repair if it's NOT the hardware.