Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7 slow charging

As times passes on, my nexus 7 is getting slower and slower to charge fully. In the beginning, it used to take only 1.5hrs, then it went up to 3, and now it takes up to 4hrs. Please help. Also I would like to know If using the tablet during charging has anything to do with this problem. Any fix suggestions are appreciated.
  2. Best Answer

Welcome to Android Central! Do you have the 1st gen or 2nd gen Nexus 7? The 2nd gen is the one with the rear-facing camera. How old is your tablet? As batteries age, it can take longer to charge (and they discharge faster as well), so it might just be a sign of age. Are you using the original charger? That's usually the best one to use--however, sometimes cables can fail, so it's also worth trying a different charger.

Default Re: Nexus 7 slow charging

Welcome to Android Central! Do you have the 1st gen or 2nd gen Nexus 7? The 2nd gen is the one with the rear-facing camera. How old is your tablet? As batteries age, it can take longer to charge (and they discharge faster as well), so it might just be a sign of age. Are you using the original charger? That's usually the best one to use--however, sometimes cables can fail, so it's also worth trying a different charger.