Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Unfortunately com.android.systemui has stopped

I got this message after installing this app and now, my phone is unusable.

I've got a Moto G 16GB XT1033, stock 4.4.2, unrooted, locked boot loader. I installed this game (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=com.glu.dino) and went away for a bit while it was being downloaded. When I came back, AcDisplay had the notification that the game was installed. So I dismiss the notification and enter the pass code to unlock the device. That's when the trouble started. I got the message that the com.android.systemui process had stopped. Everything would disappear for a bit and then its back to the lock screen. I tried rebooting and a dialogue that 'Android was upgrading' and 'Optimising app 1 of 1' would show for a while and then it would reboot itself. This time, the boot animation would be all wonky but it would get to the lock screen but if I enter the pass code, the systemui message appears. I tried safe mode but no dice.

How do I go about solving my problem? I just think its ridiculous that installing an app from the Play Store can cause my phone to be unusable.

Default Re: Unfortunately com.android.systemui has stopped

Are you able to uninstall that app to see if it corrects the situation?

Mav.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like,
    and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Could you tell me how I could go about doing that? Whenever I enter the pass code, I get the error message, the whole thing crashes and then sends me back to the lockscreen. I used Okay Google to open up the settings app but cant select anything.

Is there anyway I could back up my files (especially pictures and videos)? I fear a factory reset is the only solution.

Did you tried connecting the device to your PC and copy stuff?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Yeah,.my PC doesn't detect the phone at all

Quote Originally Posted by Chrono222 View Post
    Could you tell me how I could go about doing that? Whenever I enter the pass code, I get the error message, the whole thing crashes and then sends me back to the lockscreen...
    Turn on the phone but do not enter the pass code. Press and hold power button until box pops up; press and hold "Power off" until "Reboot into safe mode" pops up. After phone restarts, you should be able to uninstall the offending app.

Reboot phone one more time and you should be all set.

Quote Originally Posted by N4Newbie View Post
    Turn on the phone but do not enter the pass code. Press and hold power button until box pops up; press and hold "Power off" until "Reboot into safe mode" pops up. After phone restarts, you should be able to uninstall the offending app.

Reboot phone one more time and you should be all set.
    Nah buddy, I already tried safe mode (and I mentioned that in the first post). Same thing happens. As soon as I enter the pass code, CRASH!

I've been using Okay Google to open up apps (thanks to Okay Google anywhere on the lockscren). They open up but I've got to enter the pass code and it crashes. I can use the app for a millisecond and then it locks again. I'm trying to turn on Google Photos auto backup, but so far not successful.

Hmmm.

IMO, if you can't do it in safe mode then you are out of options. Seems like factory reset is in your future.

I installed "home Launcher" on my GT-N7105 (Note 2) and I got the error under discussion. Uninstalling the app straightaway sorted the issue out..

Adding on to the above: I think any application affecting/modifying the android launcher can cause this issue. You can use an app like "EASY Uninstaller" to uninstall apps ("Drippler" recommended EASY, though u hv some adds in it, i think its a simple but powerful app). hope this helps

after i had done android update an error message continues to appear saying ( the proces .com.android.systemui has been stopped. every time i have to restore factory settings to get rid of it

I have the same problem, "Unfortunately, com.android.systemui has stopped" appears all the time. I have reset to the factory setting but it doesn't help. it's TCL Idol X s950 rooted phone. anybody can help ??