Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Default Looking for a used phone. Recommendations?

My G2 is out of commission so I'm looking for a new (to me) phone for Verizon. My budget is around $300 which, according to craigslist/ebay, leaves me with a choice among an HTC One, HTC One Max, Droid Razr Maxx, Galaxy S3, Note 2, and other various phones (z10, etc.)

Any suggestions on which one to go with?

Default Re: Looking for a used phone. Recommendations?

I would narrow it down to the HTC One and Galaxy S3.

The HTC One (M7) is already noted to be receiving the future Android L update once it is available and ready. The gives this phone extra consideration.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Thank you for your advice. If the price is similar, is there a downside to getting the HTC One max instead of the regular HTC One? I've been reading that the regular One can have some battery issues and it being non-removable + a used phone, I'm a bit hesitant.

Just wanted to mention that the Razr Maxx would be one to avoid. My old Razr Maxx really started to lag after about a year and a half, and no amount of cache partition wiping and even factory resetting could make it better. Probably something to do with its outdated TI OMAP processor.