- 1 Posts
Galaxy s4 shutting off randomly
I have had my s4 for about 8 months and for no reason at all it would randomly restart itself and then I did a system update and now it will randomly shut off and not restart itself. Im thinking it is probably a battery problem but im not completely sure. Does anyone know what other problems it could be? I checked the battery for swelling and it isnt swollen. Also does anyone know if tmobile will replace the battery for free?? Thanks!
- 07-14-2014, 11:00 PM #2
Re: Galaxy s4 shutting off randomly
Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Recovery Mode and clearing the system cache partition: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 4 | T-Mobile Support
If that doesn't help, see what happens if you unmount your SD card (Settings>Storage), remove it, and reboot. A corrupt SD card can cause problems.
It's always helpful to try a new battery. If you find out the battery wasn't the problem, at least you now have a backup battery.
- By Omer San Gabriel in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4Replies: 5Last Post: 09-02-2014, 09:29 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-15-2014, 12:10 AM
- By AC Question in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 07-14-2014, 11:02 PM
- By Olaf v d S in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-14-2014, 10:59 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-14-2014, 10:19 PM