Hi, so I frequently use voice recording and now that I have switched to the LG G3, I am unable to access the Voice Recorder. I figured that I can record voice through the messaging and quickmemo app, but it seems to only record for 10 min max. I don't want to download another app, and I am sure that there must be an easier way to do this. Thanks!
    07-14-2014 11:26 PM
    I can't even find a standard voice recorder on the G3. am I missing it? Any app suggestions?

Posted via Android Central App
    07-20-2014 07:22 PM
    Me either? Anyone else have any ideas?
    07-20-2014 09:39 PM
    Hope that I am not necro-ing too old a thread, but just got a G3 myself as it's old enough for the price to have come down and was needing an answer to the same question.

Below I pasted a solution found elsewhere, but figured it'd be useful enough here. Long story short AT&T has hidden the app from even the app's menu so you have to manually create a shortcut for it:

'Download "QucikShortcutMaker" from google play store and then under "activities" scroll down to voice recorder. From there, select "Voice Recorder" - it gives a dropdown. Select the one that says "com.lge.voicerecorder/com.lge.voicerecorder.VoiceRecorder" and then click "create." There ya go! You get the application back that AT&T so graciously took out for you.'

Hope this helps someone else in the future!
    belodion likes this.
    11-11-2015 08:18 PM
    Hope that I am not necro-ing too old a thread, but just got a G3 myself as it's old enough for the price to have come down and was needing an answer to the same question.

Below I pasted a solution found elsewhere, but figured it'd be useful enough here. Long story short AT&T has hidden the app from even the app's menu so you have to manually create a shortcut for it:

'Download "QucikShortcutMaker" from google play store and then under "activities" scroll down to voice recorder. From there, select "Voice Recorder" - it gives a dropdown. Select the one that says "com.lge.voicerecorder/com.lge.voicerecorder.VoiceRecorder" and then click "create." There ya go! You get the application back that AT&T so graciously took out for you.'

Hope this helps someone else in the future!
    Welcome as a new member and thank you for sharing the tip.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-11-2015 08:51 PM