Galaxy S5 won't turn on

A

AC Question

i got my s5 for a week now all things going well then suddenly someone is calling me so i have to swipe to answer it but my screen got froze and won't do anything . i even press home, power and the volume nothing happens . so what i did i gently remove the battery and put it back again . after that it won't turn on ! i even try to hard reset it but nothing comes out of the screen . i even try to charge it but nothing happens . even the red led light is not on when i charge it . please help .

warn joe

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
i got my s5 for a week now all things going well then suddenly someone is calling me so i have to swipe to answer it but my screen got froze and won't do anything . i even press home, power and the volume nothing happens . so what i did i gently remove the battery and put it back again . after that it won't turn on ! i even try to hard reset it but nothing comes out of the screen . i even try to charge it but nothing happens . even the red led light is not on when i charge it . please help .

Try holding the volume up+power button to see if you can get inside the boot loader menu?? If that also doesn't works then I am afraid but the problem looks to be inside the hardware and you may need to walk down the nearest store for claiming your warranty. :eek:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I should have thought that was exactly the sort of thing that would be covered by the warranty. Do you own it unlocked or are you on a contract?

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I agree with belodion. Unless it happened after you dropped/damaged the device accidentally that should be covered by the warranty.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
An S5 is under warranty. Don't waste time trying to fix anything that's under a replacement warranty - have it replaced. (This is also a good time for my usual "make a religion out of backing it up" sermon.)

Jonah Taylor

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Same exact thing just happened to me! I have only had the phone barely over a month. None of the suggestions are working, so going to take it to Verizon repair center in the morning and hopefully get a replacement soon.

Kinosei

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Was using an app while it was in airplane mode on a flight and it suddenly rebooted then froze half way through the Sprint start-up screen then shut off. Took out battery, put it back in and it loads the black "Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport powered by Android" screen, but then just sits there. Nothing happens. You have to take the battery out to turn it off. I booting it with the up-volume and home pressed or just up-volume, but nothing different happens. Same thing, just shows the same black screen.

Got the phone 2 months ago. Anyone have any ideas, or do I have to turn it in under warranty for a refurbished one?

perrriwinkle

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I just had this happen to me and all I did to fix it was to hold down on all three buttons (power,home, and volume) and it vibrated and cam back on like nothing had happened. :D
dear stranger, I freaking love you, i was frustrated to the brink of tears, tried this once held it down for about 20 secs and it buzzed and i was so relieved!!! Thought my baby was dead forever.

jrobida999

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I just had this happen to me and all I did to fix it was to hold down on all three buttons (power,home, and volume) and it vibrated and cam back on like nothing had happened. :D
Your suggestion worked for me. I pressed and held the volume down button, the center button, and the power button together and my phone came up with a screen saying "Warning!! A custom OS can cause critical problems in phone and installed applications. If you want to download a custom OS, press the volume up key. Otherwise, press the volume down key to cancel." I pressed the volume down key to cancel and the phone restarted just fine.

Hopefully this helps someone else in a similar predicament.
Jake

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech