Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Galaxy S5 won't turn on

i got my s5 for a week now all things going well then suddenly someone is calling me so i have to swipe to answer it but my screen got froze and won't do anything . i even press home, power and the volume nothing happens . so what i did i gently remove the battery and put it back again . after that it won't turn on ! i even try to hard reset it but nothing comes out of the screen . i even try to charge it but nothing happens . even the red led light is not on when i charge it . please help .
    Banned

Default Re: Galaxy S5 won't turn on

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    i got my s5 for a week now all things going well then suddenly someone is calling me so i have to swipe to answer it but my screen got froze and won't do anything . i even press home, power and the volume nothing happens . so what i did i gently remove the battery and put it back again . after that it won't turn on ! i even try to hard reset it but nothing comes out of the screen . i even try to charge it but nothing happens . even the red led light is not on when i charge it . please help .
    Try holding the volume up+power button to see if you can get inside the boot loader menu?? If that also doesn't works then I am afraid but the problem looks to be inside the hardware and you may need to walk down the nearest store for claiming your warranty.

The exact same thing just happened to me!! She wont charge or turn on. I even tried another fully charged S5 battery.. Am i screwed on the warranty if it is a hardware issue?

I should have thought that was exactly the sort of thing that would be covered by the warranty. Do you own it unlocked or are you on a contract?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    8,954 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

I agree with belodion. Unless it happened after you dropped/damaged the device accidentally that should be covered by the warranty.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

The phone was good sdnly turn off and won't turn on

Global Posts
    4,436 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

An S5 is under warranty. Don't waste time trying to fix anything that's under a replacement warranty - have it replaced. (This is also a good time for my usual "make a religion out of backing it up" sermon.)