Which voice to text app actually works????

A

AC Question

Hi, I am a professional driver and my customers text me all the time and I need to respond to them whilst driving.
I need an app that reads out texts and then asks you to respond, ignore or cancel.
I have tried about a dozen and none of them work.

Sonalight: worked sometimes in reading out texts but responding never worked nor 'cancel'. Then the voice keeps asking me what I want to do and have to push the screen to stop it. They offer a paid upgrade but I don't know what the benefits are as the company didn't answer my email nor my Facebook post. I did see the app again but now it's not available!

The voice function on my Samsung Galaxy S3 is useless also. It doesn't understand voice commands and you have to physically open the app (no good whilst driving).

Google voice: useless. have to open it to work and it didn't anyway. Didn't recognize voice commands.

I did find one from a software company (can't remember the name) but the app isn't available in Australia.

Plantronics Vocalyst: also useless. Did read out for a while but couldn't respond by voice and the robot voice keep asking me what I wanted to do. Contacted them but they couldn't tell me why it wasn't working and gave some inane info that didn't address the problem after carefully detailing the issues.

I am happy to pay for one that works.

Does anyone know of one that will work????

Cheers from Australia!!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The Moto X is probably the cleanest solution at this via a combination of Moto Assist and Touchless Controls.

purpleboo14

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi Darth Spock, ooo,love your name! Thanks for the prompt reply too.Well, these apps are only available on a Motorola and only in the US.The reviews all say it doesn't work very well anyway. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note S3 and live in Australia. Can you suggest something else for Aussies? Maybe, one day someone clever will design the perfect app for what I need it for. I am not clever enough to design one.

Tom Billiodeaux

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
I just dumped Google Voice as it quit recognizing any contacts accurately.
Installed dragon voice app on samsung Note.
worked great immediately and just like Vlandro used to work with AT&T.
May want to try Dragon voice.