Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dpham00
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default USB charge only option

I had a Droid X as my last phone. When you plugged in the USB to a computer you could select "mass storage" or "charge only". "Charge only" gave no access to files or pictures through the computer using it as a hard drive keeping everything private and safe.
    At work we have windows 7 so anyone can log on and access my S5 if it's connected. Is there any way to prevent someone from accessing my files? Or is this the first flaw I've found?

Default Re: USB charge only option

When you plug in your S5 to your PC, tap on the little USB icon in the S5 notification tray. Un-check the MTP box so people can't access your phone's files.

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

Default Re: USB charge only option

On my note 3, I can choose from mtp, ptp, or USB 3,but one of them must be selected. Ptp would probably be the least damaging as it only allows access to pictures

If you are using the work computer to charge frequently, then I would recommend that you buy a USB charge only cable so that you don't have to worry about this

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    VDub2174 likes this.