Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gasaiz
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Razr maxx hard reset pros and cons

My verizon razr maxx is running slow. I am considering a hard reset. Is a hard reset likely to help? If I do a hard reset what should I do in preparation to save data I may want and/or need. Ideally I am looking for step by step instructions.

Default Re: Razr maxx hard reset pros and cons

A hard reset may help, but it's usually only temporary. I have an old Razr Maxx, and even after hard resetting and reinstalling a minimal number of apps, it was still pretty slow and laggy. I have suspected that it's an issue with successive Google Play Services updates that don't play well with the phone's outdated TI OMAP processor.

Before doing a hard reset, try wiping the system cache partition, which doesn't erase any personal data: Wipe Cache Partition - DROID RAZR / RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA

Default Re: Razr maxx hard reset pros and cons

thanks B. Diddy for the info and quick response. I have finished wiping the system cache partition and I will see how it affects the phone's performance.
    B. Diddy likes this.