Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Summer Time
  • 1 Post By Summer Time
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Secret apps

Is there a way for me to tell if a secret app or spyware has been installed on my phone without my knowledge?
    Madd54 likes this.
  2. Best Answer

Welcome to Android Central!

Pardon the accidental like!

All apps would appear in the Applications Manager. You can install anti-spyware and anti - virus like Lookout and many others.
    All apps have to be checked by Google before being allowed on Google Play to be downloaded, so best to stick with apps from there, although Samsung apps for Samsung, and Amazon apps are also safe.
    Many apps require you to 'agree' to many permissions, including the cameras, call logs, texts etc.

Google could spy on you if they wanted to but I don't think it's possible for someone or an organisation to put hidden spyware or software on your phone. Hardware maybe, like on tv and the movies.

Default Re: Secret apps

Welcome to Android Central!

Pardon the accidental like!

All apps would appear in the Applications Manager. You can install anti-spyware and anti - virus like Lookout and many others.
    All apps have to be checked by Google before being allowed on Google Play to be downloaded, so best to stick with apps from there, although Samsung apps for Samsung, and Amazon apps are also safe.
    Many apps require you to 'agree' to many permissions, including the cameras, call logs, texts etc.

Google could spy on you if they wanted to but I don't think it's possible for someone or an organisation to put hidden spyware or software on your phone. Hardware maybe, like on tv and the movies.
    This section reserved for a clever signature line.

The really good ones can be very difficult to spot. Here is one such tool: Cell Phone Tracking & Monitoring Software, SMS Tracker - mSpy
    Thanked by 2:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks!!! I'm glad to be a part of this and so happy to have an outlet with real communication f for any questions.
    Madd54 likes this.