Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Question What's best way to mirror tab screen to an older series 6 Samsung Smart TV?

I've just bought a Galaxy Tab Pro8.4 and am delighted with it, but as I also have a Samsung Smart TV I thought it would be easy to mirror my tablet's screen to the TV without any additional hardware. However, it appears not, as my smart TV is a series 6 model bought in 2011 (Samsung Model UE40D6510 WSXXM Series 6). I hoped I could buy an Allshare dongle (or similar) but when I spoke to Samsung product support in the UK they told me that also was not compatible with my TV and they could not suggest a solution (other than of course buying a newer model of Samsung TV!).

I'm now wondering if buying a Google Chromecast dongle (only £30 here in the UK) might be my best option to allow me to easily mirror from my tablet to my TV. I particularly want to display streaming TV sports broadcasts from either YouTube or on Sopcast from my tablet to my TV, but would also like to be able mirror/play other things like stored vids on my tablet to my TV. I understand streaming sopcast streams to Chromecast is tricky but have found sites and Youtube videos that explain how it CAN be done.

So my question is, do you think a Chromecast dongle would be the best soution for me, or what other options do I have?
    Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 SM-T320
    Samsung Smart TV series 6 2011 UE40D6510 WSXXM