Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wizzrah
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Stuck in bootloop

So, i rooted my LG Optimus F7, I don't mess with flashing ROMs and what not, i just wanted a wifi tether and a few special features you can have with root. WELL I created a restore point on my SD card, and i thought well why not see if it works. SO I checked it out and it said MD5 error or something along those lines, which I fixed with the replacing the Nandroid.MD5 file, cool. So i tried to restore my phone again and it said Error while restoring /system! to which i thought awesome another error i have to figure out how to fix just in case i need this in the future, well to my surprise when i hit Reboot system now, it said i had lost my root, would you like to root your device >yes >no. I was caught off guard but i figured well yeah i came in with a rooted device so im leaving with one. well its been stuck in boot. i did battery pull, i can get into recovery mode, and my laptop recognizes i have a device hooked up to it. When the phone is off and just plugged in there is a very simple font and it says something along the lines of battery charging png 03 missing... I'm a little panicked, can someone please help me fix this.

Global Posts
    4,103 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: Stuck in bootloop

Hello.
    What recovery are you using? TWRP? CWM?
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Google Cloud. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Oh Duhhh, sorry. ClockworkMod

Global Posts
    4,103 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBadNewb View Post
    Oh Duhhh, sorry. ClockworkMod
    Okay. Now, is the F7 the international version, or from a carrier like US Cellular or Boost Mobile?
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Google Cloud. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Boostmobile

Global Posts
    4,103 Global Posts
    ROM

Boostmobile
    Alright, I'm thinking there's two ways to go about this.

1. I found a guide that will supposedly get you out of a brick. Unbrick F7

2. Maybe you can flash a ROM in recovery.

I'd see Number 1 first.

Thanked by:
    SuperBadNewb likes this.

I will get back with you on results for option 1, the firmware takes some time to download, thanks for helping me out so much!

Global Posts
    4,103 Global Posts
    ROM

I will get back with you on results for option 1, the firmware takes some time to download, thanks for helping me out so much!
    No problem! Let me know if you run into anything. I'll try to help you out more.

Thanked by:

We did it!! Option 1 was a sure thing, my phone is up and running again! Thanks so much ;'3

Global Posts
    4,103 Global Posts
    ROM

We did it!! Option 1 was a sure thing, my phone is up and running again! Thanks so much ;'3
    No problem! Come back to Android Central if you ever need help.