Why won't my my Asus tablet read files/docs on my USB 2.0?

charlie98403

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
My Asus tablet won't read files/docs on my USB 2.0

I recently purchased an ASUS Transformer tablet (K00C, Android 4.3) with a USB 2.0 port. I have drafted a number of documents - with a number of different word processing programs - and saved these to the USB - but whenever I try to attach somethig to an email - from the USB - my tablet will not acknowledge that there is anything on the USB. Jeez - this is one of a myriad of problems I am having. I F-ing hate this tablet... There are no decent word processing applications, or spel check applications, nothing synchs with anything else. I wasted 500 bucks on absolute junk. I am going to go back to Windows/Word - but I would love to, all the same, solve this USB mystery. Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My Asus tablet won't read files/docs on my USB 2.0

Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried saving the documents to a microSD card on your computer, then inserting that microSD card into your Transformer? It might work better that way.

There are quite a few decent office suites for Android--which ones have you tried? Remember that none of these suites will be as fully functional as Microsoft Office on a full computer, but many of them can accomplish a lot. Google Docs/Sheets can now open and edit Microsoft Office files. There's also OfficeSuite 7, Kingsoft Office, and Docs To Go, to name a few. And you can always use Microsoft Office Mobile.

tdk1988

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site

Are the other files/ media on the USB accessible using the file manager?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Mobile Nations mobile app

charlie98403

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site

At present, I have no "real" computer, as it recently died. As far as Android office suites - I have tried them all (including the paid version of office suite) - and they all lack some important functions - and none of them are truly compatible with Word. I do a lot of technical / legal writing - and none of the above cut the mustard. Someone told me that tablets have come far enough to replace the computer - someone was wrong. Anyway, I did sideload MS Office mobile - and was even geared to paying for the related 360 service (in hopes it would open up fulll Word functionality), but, Office Mobile does not recognize my Asus keyboard (dock). So, it too is useless. I hate to say it - but I miss Microsoft. All the same - thanks for your reply.

charlie98403

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the reply. I am having more luck going through the file manager, it seems. Still, This only does the trick for "word-like" docs. PDF and others still do not read - even via file manager. In fact, I can't seem to save pdfs by any route, or via any app. Thanks again.

tdk1988

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site

Use es file manager or you can switch on show advanced devices in quickoffice to browse sd card and ext sd card with in quickoffice app. To do this :-
Open QuickOffice
Tap folder icon
Tap the top right corner button (three dots vertically)
Tick show advanced devices
Now you can browse for all supported document types from within the application.
PS : Ms word for android is not of much help imo as it only saves files to the cloud (onedrive)
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz