Syncing email acounts on Galaxy S5

the real anthony

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I am new to Android. I was a previous iPhone person but have recently switched to a Galaxy S5. I have a few different email accounts set up on my phone. What I don't fully understand is how the syncing works and how I can change some of the behaviors I am experiencing. Right now I am dealing with my hotmail account. When it says sync email, what does that mean exactly? If I delete an email on my phone it will be deleted on the hotmail server? Can I change this? I have looked through all the email settings and I can't a way to change this. Also I have a couple folders with emails in them, they show up on my phone but when I hit the manual sync button non of the emails that are in the hotmail server show up on my phone. Can it be set up to do this?
Any other hints, tips, tricks, or experience you can lend me is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It depends on whether you've set the email accounts up using the IMAP or POP3 servers. When you use IMAP, it's essentially like using any good webmail interface--what you see in the Email app should reflect what you see on webmail. If you use POP3, it can be set to delete the copy of the email on the server once it's been pushed to the phone.

To change sync settings, open the Email app, tap Menu>Settings, select the email account, and look for its sync settings. You can set the interval for how frequently it checks for new email. The more frequent the updates, the more current you stay--but at the expense of more battery usage, since frequent updates means more time awake and checking the web.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer