Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One M8 Bugs/Issues/Annoyances????

I am on the verge of upgrading from my iPod touch 4th Generation to an HTC One M8. Some of the problems(out of the thousands) I have on my iPod are: app crashes, slow load times, extreme lag in any place you can think. I know that the One M8 is VERY new and awesome and all, but I've done my research and some are reporting major issues such as crashes, keyboard issues, and annoyances( my favorite being the onscreen nav. buttons, and as to whether you can make them disappear in app like web browsing, texting, games, twitter, etc.). I am wondering if I should be worried about any of these things, because once I buy the thing I won't be getting another one for a good six years, I'd rather not be driven mad by bugs and annoyances for those six years.
    1) Is the bigger screen offered by the GS5's off screen nav. buttons worth buying the GS5 over the OneM8? My only issue with the M8 is that it has onscreen nav. buttons, but if those disappear during twitter, snapchat, web, texting, etc, I can live with it.
    2) Are there any lag/ stutter/ misfunction/ error type things that I should be worried about? IE: should I fret about all of the things I've heard about the M8( this info coming from the internet)?
    3) What are the chances I'll have any problems with the phone? I don't like touchwiz and think the M8 is a beautiful handset, but if I have to choose the S5 over M8 to avoid reoccuring lag or crashes or anything else of that sort, I will.

*I AM BUYING THE PHONE BY THE END OF THE MONTH, SO AS MUCH HELP I COULD GET NOW AS POSSIBLE WOULD MAKE A WHOLE LOT OF DIFFERENCE TO ME. THANKS ALL!!!!!!!

Global Posts
    22,263 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: HTC One M8 Bugs/Issues/Annoyances????

I have an M8. I have experienced none of those issues. I wouldn't really worry about much you see on the net. Look at it this way. A forum like ours is like a car dealer, for instance, BMW. You see all those cars in the shop. That doesn't mean all BMW cars are always broken.

Basically, the forum is the same. People come here saying they have issues with a device and need help. They rarely come on a forum saying 'Everything is great. No complaints'.

One thing to do, is check out the exchange policy in case you do get a bad unit.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Can you disable/hide the nav. buttons during things like games, twitter, facebook, chrome, and messaging?

Global Posts
    22,263 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Werdan View Post
    Can you disable/hide the nav. buttons during things like games, twitter, facebook, chrome, and messaging?
    Automatically is hidden. I don't have to do anything.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here