Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Smile Gosms restore help for galaxy s5

I will start by saying that i am not computer or cell phone savvy. I have a new phone (galaxy s5) & need help restoring my gosms messages, including private box. I have followed a few of the gosms postings but most of them were pretty old. Prior to switching phones, i backed up my messages to my sd card and they are in "my files". However, it appears that they are in two different formats--zip and xml files, which also include items listed in private box as "part____". I have tried to restore the messages from the current version of gosms without luck. It tells me there are no back up files available. I assume because there are two different file formats that this may take several steps. If you are able to assist me, please remember to provide step by step instructions!! Thanks so very much!!!

Global Posts
    8,138 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Gosms restore help for galaxy s5

Quote Originally Posted by desertrun View Post
    I will start by saying that i am not computer or cell phone savvy. I have a new phone (galaxy s5) & need help restoring my gosms messages, including private box. I have followed a few of the gosms postings but most of them were pretty old. Prior to switching phones, i backed up my messages to my sd card and they are in "my files". However, it appears that they are in two different formats--zip and xml files, which also include items listed in private box as "part____". I have tried to restore the messages from the current version of gosms without luck. It tells me there are no back up files available. I assume because there are two different file formats that this may take several steps. If you are able to assist me, please remember to provide step by step instructions!! Thanks so very much!!!
    Backup your current text messages with Go SMS then use a file manager to navigate into the sd card storage and move the previous backup (.zip/.xml) files into the newly created folder for Go SMS. Try restoring after that.

Default Re: Gosms private messages restore help for galaxy s4

Hi

I have been automatically backing up my private messages each day. I mistakenly erased them the private messages a few days ago and can't seem to be able to restore to a previous date. I can find the .zip files and have tried copying/moving them to /storage/emulated/0/GOSMS/backup/localbr AND GOSMS/backup/SmsRestore but when I try to restore them from within the app I can't see the .zip files.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help please.

Thanks