So this was odd..

A

AC Question

Not sure if this has been posted about before, as when I tried searching for it nothing came up even remotely similar.

So I'm on a phone call with a friend of mine out of state and we've been talking for a while with no issues. As she's going to speak again, a loud ringing is heard on my end of the call and she's still talking but not hearing me. This happens several times in a row before we decide to hang up and just talk on a chat client... So what exactly just happened here? I have a prepaid android phone from Wal-Mart so don't know if that has anything to do with it...

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this has been posted about before, as when I tried searching for it nothing came up even remotely similar.

So I'm on a phone call with a friend of mine out of state and we've been talking for a while with no issues. As she's going to speak again, a loud ringing is heard on my end of the call and she's still talking but not hearing me. This happens several times in a row before we decide to hang up and just talk on a chat client... So what exactly just happened here? I have a prepaid android phone from Wal-Mart so don't know if that has anything to do with it...
Is this an issue that happens all the time or periodically, at random times? If I understand what you are experiencing, it may be related to a poor connection due to a technical issue with the network. If you hangout and make the call again it should go away.

I'm not sure exactly what the cause or how to prevent it is, but establishing a new connection usually fixes it - at least it does for me.

Eli Woodside

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
No it had never happened before. Today was the first occurrence but it, understandably I think, freaked me out. It was like someone was trying to phone in but no number popped up nor did anyone answer when I said hello countless times.