Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Encrypted LG G2: How do I decrypt?

My daughter encrypted her phone trying to put a password on it and can't remove the password due to it being encrypted. How can I decrypt her phone with minimal aggravation?

Global Posts
    4,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: Encrypted LG G2: How do I decrypt?

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    My daughter encrypted her phone trying to put a password on it and can't remove the password due to it being encrypted. How can I decrypt her phone with minimal aggravation?
    Hello.

Could you clarify some things for me?

Did she just add a password to the phone, or did she actually go to settings>security> and select "Encrypt phone"?

If it's actual encryption, then it's one way, and you need to factory reset to de-crypt the phone.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!