Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default I Sold My Samsung Note3 , Preformed Factory Reset Prior To Selling, ARE ANY IMAGES STILL ON DEVICE?

I just sold my Samsung Note 3, before i sold it i preformed a factory reset. Here's the problem, its serious.. Me and my wife had recorded ourselves in bed a number of times with it.. so there was lots of nude and adult videos and pictures on it. IS THERE ANY WAY ANY OF THOSE IMAGES ARE STILL ON THE DEVICE??? LIKE CACHED OR ANYTHING??? Or did the reset completely remove all cached and regular data?? I'm really worried,
    HELP ME PLEASE ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: I Sold My Samsung Note3 , Preformed Factory Reset Prior To Selling, ARE ANY IMAGES STILL ON DEVI

http://blogs.computerworld.com/priva...www.google.com

Mav.

Sent from the future on my Sprint LG G3.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like,
    and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Default Re: I Sold My Samsung Note3 , Preformed Factory Reset Prior To Selling, ARE ANY IMAGES STILL ON DEVI

I read this a few days ago

http://www.cnet.com/news/android-pho...personal-data/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol beat me to the post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only saving grace here is the person or persons you sold the phone to probably don't have the tools needed to resurrect the data.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

According to the article I read all you have to do is encrypt your phone before you do the factory reset (next time I guess). That way the data that is left behind is encrypted. You could also fill the entire storage with other files which will overwrite the old data. For example, hook up to a computer and copy a 1 gigabyte file into 16 different folders (based on if you had 16 gigabytes of internal storage to fill).

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by scipper77 View Post
    According to the article I read all you have to do is encrypt your phone before you do the factory reset (next time I guess). That way the data that is left behind is encrypted. You could also fill the entire storage with other files which will overwrite the old data. For example, hook up to a computer and copy a 1 gigabyte file into 16 different folders (based on if you had 16 gigabytes of internal storage to fill).

Encryption only makes it harder to get at the data. It is still possible to get at it though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Follow the Duke of Wellington's example, who when someone got hold of some of his love letters and threatened to publish them unless blackmail money was paid, said 'Publish and be damned'.
    What you've done is normal. If people want to waste their lives by watching you actually living life, let them.