LG Android died and won't turn on at all??

A

AC Question

I have a 3.7 LG Android that's about two years old. It died while I was asleep. I plugged it into the computer charger and wall charger but it wouldn't turn on. I tried volume up + power, volume down +power, and both volume buttons + power, but still nothing. I tried taking the SD Card and battery out, doing the volume buttons + power, and then putting the SD Card and battery out, still nothing. I called the Android help desk , and the guy was stereotypically unhelpful and asked me nothing about the phone except what service it was under and told me I should get a new battery. Thing is, I can't afford a new battery and this is never happened before. I don't own any other Android devices, so I can't really replace it either. Please, PLEASE HELP.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Tell us the exact model of your LG phone. I don't think 3.7 is a model number. It's usually something like Optimus, or L90, or something like that.

What do you mean by "Android help desk"? Did you call Google, or your wireless provider? There actually isn't such thing as an Android help desk--at least, not in the US. But I would agree with the person you spoke to--the battery is the first thing to suspect. Two years is relatively old for a phone and a battery, and batteries can actually fail at any time if they're defective. A quick test is to remove the battery, place it flat on a table, and try to spin it. If it spins, it's bulging in the middle, which is a bad sign. But even if it doesn't spin, a new battery would be worth trying.

If you tell us the exact model of LG phone you have, we could help you search for a replacement battery on Google. I would bet that you could find a battery for under $20.