Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Unhappy Samsung Galaxy screen - touch working, not cracked, but purple spreading

My screen got a purple spot on it a few days ago, and it's been spreading to cover almost my entire screen...

(Not sure how it happened, my kid was playing with my phone )

The touch works, screen isn't cracked, and I can still see the screen behind the purple, but its faded..

My question is how can I fix it, and if its an expensive fix- can I do without it? Ie, its still spreading- will it keep getting worse until I cant see anything, or will it stop at one point. I can deal with a faded screen if its too expensive to fix, but not a blank one!

Thank you!
  2. Best Answer

Does sound like the LCD panel was damaged in some way. Only way to resolve this would be to have it replaced. As for it stopping or eventually blocking out your screen that is hard to determine but chances are good it will only get worse with time.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy screen - touch working, not cracked, but purple spreading

Does sound like the LCD panel was damaged in some way. Only way to resolve this would be to have it replaced. As for it stopping or eventually blocking out your screen that is hard to determine but chances are good it will only get worse with time.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.