Weather app wont open chrome since the update

A

AC Question

I have the accuweather app that came on the phone. Originally, I got angry at it opening the samsung internet and somehow set it to chrome. I remember that I went into settings and screwed around with stuff in there. Now, my phone recently had a software update, and I'm very happy with that update overall, but accuweather isn't opening chrome anymore.

I have a Galexy S4 Active

I have tried clearing my default settings. Samsung internet had no defaults set so it was all grayed out and wouldn't let me clear anything, I had to re-set all of chrome's defaults, and there is no change.

I've tried going into settings on accuweather and didn't see anything there where it would let me pick which browser to use. I feel like this is how I did it before, but I must be wrong.

I know it isn't the biggest problem in the world, but it is very annoying. Could someone please help?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Can you uninstalling both Chrome and accuweather the reinstall? Try that and see if it fixes the problem. Otherwise, consider a system wide factory reset (backup your data beforehand) - that should fix any issues you are having.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Cheeki 2

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
I have the accuweather app that came on the phone. Originally, I got angry at it opening the samsung internet and somehow set it to chrome. I remember that I went into settings and screwed around with stuff in there. Now, my phone recently had a software update, and I'm very happy with that update overall, but accuweather isn't opening chrome anymore.

I have a Galexy S4 Active

I have tried clearing my default settings. Samsung internet had no defaults set so it was all grayed out and wouldn't let me clear anything, I had to re-set all of chrome's defaults, and there is no change.

I've tried going into settings on accuweather and didn't see anything there where it would let me pick which browser to use. I feel like this is how I did it before, but I must be wrong.

I know it isn't the biggest problem in the world, but it is very annoying. Could someone please help?