Notification status at bottom screen

A

AC Question

Hi, I am using Kitkat. I just realized today that when I turned wifi on or off, data on or off, there will be a always rectangle box near the bottom of the screen. eg, Wifi on, or when I turn off, it will display as wifi off. it will last for a few seconds before the status box disappear. I have been using for a month and just saw this only today. I search thru the setting and there are no setting to off this. Can anyone help pls? thank you.

j4nfz

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
woW! Thanks for the fast reply. I am using LG D315.
A screen shot is shown. Any idea how to totally get rid of it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-16-21-17-50.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-16-21-17-50.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 3

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Not having the device its a bit hard to know but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say its something specific to LG's UI and not part of vanilla Android.

I would again check your WIFI settings real good. But there is a good chance it could be something that you can't control.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
woW! Thanks for the fast reply. I am using LG D315.
A screen shot is shown. Any idea how to totally get rid of it?

That is what is called a toast notification. If you are seeing it at home, and it constantly goes on and off, try this: Go to Settings>Wireless and Networks>click wifi>there should be a 3 dot menu on the screen somewhere (most likely the upper right), click on that. Then click Advanced settings.

There you should see a bunch of extra options. One of them should be 'Avoid poor connections'. Uncheck that, and see if the toast notifications get reduced.

This can't be disabled as it is embedded in the Base OS.

j4nfz

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
ah, ic. seems like it, after doing a google search on toast notification. But the strange thing is that I have been switching wifi on and off and using this phone for the past weeks, and I only see the toast notification on wifi/data on and off today!

I tried going into safe mode and I didn't see the toast notification.