Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question
    AC Question's Avatar
    Guest

    Default Stream to PC

    I'm going to be taking an 8 hour bus ride (each way) and figure I should have plenty of tv time. I usually stream to my phone but I'm thinking that I should watch it on a bigger screen.

    Is there any way to connect to my laptop and play streaming video that is on my phone? Non-rooted by the way. I'm fine using USB.

    I know that I could tether, but I have Verizon and they tend to be pains about it.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Stream to PC

    Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    I'm going to be taking an 8 hour bus ride (each way) and figure I should have plenty of tv time. I usually stream to my phone but I'm thinking that I should watch it on a bigger screen.

    Is there any way to connect to my laptop and play streaming video that is on my phone? Non-rooted by the way. I'm fine using USB.

    I know that I could tether, but I have Verizon and they tend to be pains about it.
    Watching (HD?) video streams via mobile networks for 16 hours will bankrupt you.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Stream to PC

    Quote Originally Posted by Indoler View Post
    Watching (HD?) video streams via mobile networks for 16 hours will bankrupt you.
    Not necessarily.. He may have an unlimited data plan. I average 80-100 GB a month lately and simply pay $70.

    As to your question OP I'd just tether your laptop to your phones connection... That way you can use the Internet from the phone to stream on your laptop.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Stream to PC

    Are there buses with individual passenger power outlets on that route?
    The batteries will be shot after 4 or 5 hours. Probably less.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Stream to PC

    Quote Originally Posted by Indoler View Post
    Are there buses with individual passenger power outlets on that route?
    The batteries will be shot after 4 or 5 hours. Probably less.
    This depends on the phone. Some can carry spare batteries and this would solve that issue.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Stream to PC

    Those are 2 major "maybe's", IYAM. I'd check up on 'm before I took off.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Stream to PC

    Quote Originally Posted by Indoler View Post
    Those are 2 major "maybe's", IYAM. I'd check up on 'm before I took off.
    Well yeah obviously the poster will know their situation. You're just assuming he won't be able to do it.. And I'm saying how he could if he had the right equipment .

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Last edited by Almeuit; 07-17-2014 at 01:50 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Getting harder to wait for the 360
    By Even4steven in forum Android Wear
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-24-2014, 12:37 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2014, 09:01 AM
  3. Desktop Play Store Difficult To Read
    By clemson77on in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2014, 08:46 AM
  4. sync contacts in gmail to s4
    By Santosh Ashpal in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2014, 08:00 AM
  5. impossible to install google play services
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-16-2014, 04:31 AM

Posting Permissions