Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By belodion
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default USB Tolerance

Can somebody explain this to me? I'm kinda confused about what power bank should I buy. One says the output is 5.3V 2,000mAh(Charger A) the other one is 5.0V 2,100mAh(Charger B). I will use it on my Samsung Galaxy S4 which has a charger that outputs 5.0V 2,000mAh.

So which one will i buy, i'm confused because samsung charger is 5.0V charger A is 5.3V so that's exceeding. However, charger B is 2,100mAh when the samsung charger is only 2,000mAh which is also exceeding. So will both this powerbank do some damage to my phone because it does not output the same as the charger of my Galaxy S4?
    Phone:
    Nokia 5610, Blackberry 9780, iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9505), Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) - Sandisk Extreme PLUS 32GB

Tablet:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (T700) - Sandisk Ultra 32GB

Default Re: USB Tolerance

No doubt you will get a technical reply but I can't think of any reason at all, except emergencies, for using a charger which differs in specification from what the manufacturer recommends.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

UP!
    Phone:
    Nokia 5610, Blackberry 9780, iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9505), Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) - Sandisk Extreme PLUS 32GB

Tablet:

Ah, I see. I wish you every success. My instinct would be Charger B as less likely to do damage but let's hope for a post from a member with knowledge of such matters.

Thanked by:

Consider: charger A is 6% excessive in voltage pressure; charger B is 5% excessive in mAh rating.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    Consider: charger A is 6% excessive in voltage pressure; charger B is 5% excessive in mAh rating.

i read through some articles, what i've read is that the phone will only take the amps that it needs so it doesn't matter if you plug a higher amp charger. Is this true?
    Phone:

Tablet:

I've heard the same thing, but I'm afraid I don't have the knowledge to say definitely whether it's true. Of the two options that's the one I'd choose.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    I've heard the same thing, but I'm afraid I don't have the knowledge to say definitely whether it's true. Of the two options that's the one I'd choose.

And that would be charger B?
    Phone:

Tablet:

If I had to choose one or the other, yes, I'd choose B.