Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Galaxy S3 4.4.2 issues

Hi folks;

Fairly new to all this Google stuff and am trying the best I can to learn on my own, but wow....LOTS to learn.

Problem: Two nights ago my phone got hot enough to the touch that it almost felt like it was going to burn my skin. That's through the Galaxy case, through an Otterbox Defender case and through a 1.5" x 3" velcro piece I have on the back (I use it as a vehicle dash holder). Since that night, the phone will not remember the word "I". As in "I am going to throw my phone!". It just stays the lower case "i" when the letter is typed alone in a sentence. It used to type like this: "If I was what you think I am...". Now it types "If i was what you think i am". I've searched and searched, no luck. Also, apps are crashing and/or VERY slow to come up now.

I called Samsung, described the issue(s) and even though they have a one year warranty on the phone and battery, (I'm one month into ownership), they won't help me.

Anyone? Ideas? Suggestions?

Default Re: Galaxy S3 4.4.2 issues

One month is a very short time unless you've subjected the device to exceptionally heavy use. Have you tried the first resorts, soft reset and cache clear? And did Samsung say why they were unable to help?

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the reply. No, the phone waas not under heavy use at anytime during that day. It also started to happen again last night, not under ANY use at all. I did an immediate shut down last night.

As for a soft reset? No. What is that? (please note first post disclaimer - NEWBIE!). ;-)

Samsung refuses to speak with me even though their phone & battery warranty period is one year.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Bump for help?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Bump x2?