Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

I feel that I have installed a rouge app. It said "downloading" and showed me an advert. But the "downloading" froze at 23% (I think that was the %) and I could see that the app was only uploading.

When I did install the official version, I saw that no "downloading" was required at all.

Could you help me find out what the app actually did?

Thanks

App:
    [ Link removed by moderator ]

Default Re: Find out what a rouge app was doing

Sorry, but we do not discuss nor condone installing apks from filesharing sites that are pirated. It's a great way to get malware.

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.

Default Re: Find out what a rouge app was doing

I can only repeat what B. Diddy already stated. Discussion pertaining to use of non official downloads outside of supported sites and stores like Google Play, Amazon, Get Jar or Side me is prohibited in the forums.
    Paul
    Moderator @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.