How to move music files to SD card from internal memory?

Spokendisease

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I am completely new to android and have been messing with my s4 mini for days on end trying to figure out a bunch of different actions. I come as a previous iphone user and know nothing of these android phones.

I've fought tooth and nail with this phone so far. Mainly I want to be able to utilize my new 16 gb micro sd card and I want my music files stored on that instead of internal memory. So far on anything I've wanted to do I keep reading I have to "root" my phone and I fear I will screw it up by doing that so I'd like to know how to go about utilizing my sd card in any way other than that. Thanks!

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I am completely new to android and have been messing with my s4 mini for days on end trying to figure out a bunch of different actions. I come as a previous iphone user and know nothing of these android phones.

I've fought tooth and nail with this phone so far. Mainly I want to be able to utilize my new 16 gb micro sd card and I want my music files stored on that instead of internal memory. So far on anything I've wanted to do I keep reading I have to "root" my phone and I fear I will screw it up by doing that so I'd like to know how to go about utilizing my sd card in any way other than that. Thanks!

The good news is that you probably don't have to root do this...but we may need a little more info about what exactly it is you're trying to do.

Loading music onto the SD card can be as easy as plugging the phone into your computer via USB. Once connected, you should see your phone as a device in Windows explorer (This may also be possible on a Mac and/or Linux, but I'm not sure), and from there you should see 2 directories, one for the internal storage, one for the SD card. If you don't see the SD card, you may need to format it. From there, you should be able to just drag'n'drop music files into the card and most music players will see the files and play them just fine.

If you're referring to the local storage for the Google Music app, you can go into the settings for the app and change "storage location" to your SD card instead of the internal storage (if you use this app and have an SD card, you may want to do this regardless!)

If you're talking about something else, please elaborate on what it is and we'll try to help...

Spokendisease

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded "isyncr" from google play and used that to transfer all my playlists from itunes onto the SD card. It worked out really well but ONLY through the WiFi function. The USB function refused to actually go through with the transfers. So it appears that problem is solved and with this app it's really easy to use too!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49