First, yes, this is my phone.
I had one too many margaritas last night and thought that would be a wonderful time to change my PIN on my Galaxy S3. I've tried every combination I've ever had and can't figure it out. Any ideas? Thanks so much!
- 07-17-2014, 06:53 AM #2
If you do find that is your only recourse, see this guide on how to boot to recovery mode, where there is an option to do a data wipe/factory reset:
[Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
- 07-17-2014, 07:22 AM #3
Just a possibility. Is your phone on Android Device Manager. It may not work in your case but if you can Lock it from ADM on a pc it may override the lock.
I locked my old Samsung S2 with ADM when I loaned it out for a few weeks but forgot to reset it first.
When I got it back my default lock codes wouldn't work to unlock from ADM, I should have noted my lock code.
I went to a pc and hit Lock on ADM again with a new password / code and it worked.
Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
- 07-17-2014, 07:43 AM #4
- 3,049 Posts
If you previously enabled Android Device Manager, go to https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager and sign in with your GMail account. It should display your phone; click the Lock option and enter any new password you choose.
Now go back to your phone and enter the new pin code.
- 07-17-2014, 07:57 AM #5
- 07-17-2014, 08:18 AM #6
- By vijayr0218 in forum Android AppsReplies: 7Last Post: 11-07-2014, 11:14 AM
- By tveheim in forum LG G3Replies: 4Last Post: 07-25-2014, 01:19 AM
- By ianfeds in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 07-08-2014, 08:22 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-04-2014, 03:19 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-04-2014, 09:27 AM