Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default PIN

First, yes, this is my phone.

I had one too many margaritas last night and thought that would be a wonderful time to change my PIN on my Galaxy S3. I've tried every combination I've ever had and can't figure it out. Any ideas? Thanks so much!

Default Re: PIN

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    First, yes, this is my phone.

I had one too many margaritas last night and thought that would be a wonderful time to change my PIN on my Galaxy S3. I've tried every combination I've ever had and can't figure it out. Any ideas? Thanks so much!
    Your best course of action would be to remember the PIN, otherwise I believe your only choice is to do a factory reset, which will wipe your phone back to an "out of the box" state, so you can set it up again.

If you do find that is your only recourse, see this guide on how to boot to recovery mode, where there is an option to do a data wipe/factory reset:
    [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Just a possibility. Is your phone on Android Device Manager. It may not work in your case but if you can Lock it from ADM on a pc it may override the lock.
    I locked my old Samsung S2 with ADM when I loaned it out for a few weeks but forgot to reset it first.
    When I got it back my default lock codes wouldn't work to unlock from ADM, I should have noted my lock code.
    I went to a pc and hit Lock on ADM again with a new password / code and it worked.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    I know nothing. Caution: I can edit and delete for no reason.

If you previously enabled Android Device Manager, go to https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager and sign in with your GMail account. It should display your phone; click the Lock option and enter any new password you choose.

Now go back to your phone and enter the new pin code.

LOL - I wish I had said that
    I thought I was the slowest post writer so you probably missed mine
    Last edited by Madd54; 07-17-2014 at 11:37 AM.
    I know nothing. Caution: I can edit and delete for no reason.

paintdrinkingpete: "Your best course of action would be to remember your PIN..."

I like that part of your reply very much...very much. It's true as well.

Posted via Android Central App