Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Ok, 4g it is, but help with phone and plan

Ok, so once I experience 4g, Im told I wont wanna go back.
    I feel like $82 with taxes is overpaying for what I have, the Sprint Unlimted Plan, 450 anytime minutes and unlimited data. I use 250 a month in minutes - I can use my work phone and with unlimited mobile to mobile and unlimited nights and weekends, I rarely get over 250. And I only used 1 gig of data once in one month.

So, I read that if I go prepaid, I can use like CSpire and get 500 minutes and 5 gig data. Roaming may not be a big deal, as I get out of Memphis less than 25 days a year and even then, its a weekend and to a big city. $50 is the cost and that includes taxes. But I think I am limited on what phone I can get. I do like the bigger screens over my Iphone 4.

Tmobile has the fastest speeds and is good in Memphis. I can get a $50 plan and with a phone, will run me about the $82 I spend now. I can re-up with Sprint, and get a new phone for $200, so that amortizes to $8 a month. But I read that Sprint has the slowest 4g speeds, even though that will be faster than the 1mbps or so I get with my Iphone 4 on 3g.

So any advice? Get a Cspire or Boost or prepaid Tmobile and use an older model 4g phone? Or go Tmobile and get the HTC 1?

Global Posts
    17,470 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Ok, 4g it is, but help with phone and plan

I would go with TMo and get the HTC One.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Why do you say that sir? I am thinking that somethings I can not always find the cheapest. Kinda like a steak, sure you can go find a steak for a cheap price,but sometimes, you gotta spend the extra dollars and bump up in grade. I dont have to have Ruth Chris, but Golden Corral, maybe a good Outback steak. My thought process is that with what I have with Sprint right now, I am overpaying because I am not using all my unlimited data. I dont stream, or listen to music, but basically do surf the net, text and phone. I do get a few calls that I cant make in some building or it takes long to load a page. At $82 a month, I can maybe get with CSpire the same or better coverage and then use the $32 a month savings to put to a phone and then after phone paid off, its savings. With $82 a month at CSpire, I at least get a better phone and faster speeds.

But I may be shortsighted. WIth unlimited data, yes, Ill be paying a bit more at Sprint, but who knows what data usage would look like 2 years from now. Then again, if I am only getting 8mbps download or less at Sprint, then who cares about unlimited data perhaps.

Global Posts
    17,470 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

If Sprint had competing speeds you would be right. But they don't. Not in all markets like the other 3 major carriers do.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here