Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Paul627g
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default HTC One Factory Reset doesn't work.

Hello everyone! First time on this site, but I'm hoping to find some answers. My girlfriend got a new phone a few days ago and already doesn't remember her passcode. I followed a tutorial on how to back up the files to my computer, and then did a factory rest by turning off the phone then used the power button and volume down button to get to that menu then factory rest it. The problem that it doesn't do anything. It seems like it just boots normal and still asks for the passcode. Anyone have an idea on how I can solve this problem for her?

Default Re: HTC One Factory Reset doesn't work.

Welcome to Android Central! Is the phone brand new from a wireless store? I suggest bringing it in to them.

I agree with the above. If there is a OS/firmware related problem to your stock recovery then I would let the store handle it for warranty reasons. If it's within the initial return window they may just replace it.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    B. Diddy likes this.

Unfortunately she bought it on a local Facebook buy and sell page in our area. I contacted the seller to see if he had ever had any problems like this, but he said he hadn't.