HTC One M8 randomly saving pictures off websites and apps to gallery.

A

AC Question

For some reason my HTC saves random pictures off websites I visit (like logos or pictures from adds) and apps (photos on some of my apps) to my gallery.

Does anyone know how I can stop this? It's frustrating going through my gallery and having to go through and delete them all.

Cheers,
Shelley :)

fiorecaceres

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi errol, i used the trick u said, downloded es file explorer, and created the file (.nomedia) withouth the brackets. But it deleted all of my pictures! All of them. Nothing is left :( i dont know what i do, i tried looking for the .nomedia file and delete it but it seems is no lknger there.. please help. I want my pictures back :(

Freakyfairy

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Thank u so much guys! This has been bugging me for months. It started after i downloaded a game and for a while it was just data from this game. I emailed the apps support who told me that knew nothing, so i threw a fit told them their game was dodgy and deleted it only for My Phone to start storing other data! I've been deleting roughly about 200 random pix a day since so this is like a mini miracle for me!
Hi errol, i used the trick u said, downloded es file explorer, and created the file (.nomedia) withouth the brackets. But it deleted all of my pictures! All of them. Nothing is left :( i dont know what i do, i tried looking for the .nomedia file and delete it but it seems is no lknger there.. please help. I want my pictures back :(
Hope you managed to find your pix, i know mine are all backed up on google+ as well as a few other sites! X

Crumpy M

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Surely this is just a setting? You shouldn't have to go to the trouble that you guys are going to stop these randoms? I don't want to risk losing all my photos so I just want a solution that will stop them coming through from now on....does anybody know? HTC, its a great phone the m8 but surely this is not acceptable it's driving me crazy!!