Droid Razr Maxx won't turn on.
I was using my phone the other day until the battery reached to zero. I usually let the battery completely deplete itself because I thought that was good for its battery. When it shut off by itself I let it charge for an hour or so but my phone didnt on or show any indications that it was charging or turning on. I searched online and they all said to hold the power and volume down button for 10 sec. I did all of those but my phone still won't on. How can I switch my phone back on?
- 07-17-2014, 10:34 PM #2
Re: Droid Razr Maxx won't turn on.
Welcome to Android Central! With modern lithium batteries, discharging until it's close to zero is not necessary, nor is it a great idea. If a lithium battery reaches true zero, it's completely dead. Phones won't let this happen, and will automatically shut down before that happens--but batteries will continue discharging after the phone is shut down, albeit much more slowly. If the battery is allowed to discharge spontaneously for long enough (without recharging it), there is a greater possibility that it might reach that zero point.
Plug the phone into a wall outlet and let it charge for at least 12 hours. Then press and hold the Power button for a good 10-15 seconds--see if that helps.
- By nickkpoon in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 86Last Post: 09-25-2016, 08:43 AM
- By godsidekurt in forum LG G3Replies: 4Last Post: 07-22-2014, 08:57 PM
- By AC Question in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 07-17-2014, 09:54 PM
- By AC Question in forum HTC One M8Replies: 1Last Post: 07-17-2014, 09:53 PM
- By mesocyclone30 in forum HTC One M7Replies: 0Last Post: 07-17-2014, 09:14 PM