Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Galaxy S2 does not sync with google

Hi all,

I was wondering why my calendar app on my Galaxy S2 did not sync with google calendar, so I deleted my Google account on the phone and added the account again. After setup it does not sync anything, meaning that I now can't sync my Gmail app and all my contacts are gone.
    What should I do?

Best,
    Anders

Default Re: Galaxy S2 does not sync with google

Welcome to Android Central! You're sure Auto-Sync is on? What happens when you go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account]? Do you see all of the various Google apps with checkboxes? Are all of the checkboxes checked? What happens if you tap an individual item--do you see it syncing?

Hi Diddy, thanks a lot.

When I swipe down from the top, the "sync" option is on. Does this mean that Auto-Sync is on?
    In Accounts-Google-my account I see all of the Google apps with checkboxes and all boxes are checked. The items do not sync when I tap them.

Best,
    Anders

Yes, that sync option in the Quick Settings should be Auto-Sync. In the Accounts menu with the checkboxes, does it say when the last time a sync occurred?

No, it doesn't...

Make sure "Restrict Background Data" isn't checked. I'm not sure where that would be on your Samsung device--on my Nexus 5, it's at Settings>Data Usage, then tap Menu.

It is not checked and my internet connection is working fine

Something happened yesterday and I now have 11 items listed in my Google account in Settings>Accounts>Goggle>[my Google account]
    4 items have been added that have been sync'ed. The names are so long that I can't read them (App..something, Google..something, Internet, Information/Notification[translated from Danish]..something). The more important ones (Gmail, calendar, contacts..) are still not sync'ed.

I'm running out of ideas. Check your phone's system date/time--is it correct? If it's off, maybe that's causing problems with the sync.