Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JDJones89
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why is my Samsung Galaxy S5 Active Randomly Locking?

I just bought my S5 Active about a month ago and over the past couple weeks I have been having more and more issues. My biggest is that my screen will lock after I unlock it. At first it did this once every few days now it's doing it a couple times a day. I will unlock the phone then about 5-10 second later it will lock back and bring me to my lock screen. The screen will not let me actually put in my unlock code until I make my phone go to sleep and rewake it back to the lock screen. Even then sometimes I have to repeat that step a few times. Then I'll unlock it and it'll repeat everything. It seems to keep doing it until I leave it locked for a minute or so without attempting to unlock it. This past time it did it though I had to actually restart my phone because it would not stop locking itself. I have also noticed my phone has become very laggy ESPECIALLY with Facebook (in particular Facebook messaging) Is anyone else having these issues or have an idea on how to fix the issue?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active Randomly Locking

Factory reset is probably your best bet here.

Welcome to Android Central! Do you have any apps installed that interact with the lockscreen? You might consider temporarily uninstalling them. You could also boot into Safe Mode, which disables 3rd party apps, so if the problem stops, you know it's because of something you installed.

Otherwise, before doing a factory reset, try booting into Recovery Mode and clearing the system cache partition (which doesn't erase any personal data). Instructions for both Safe Mode and clearing the cache partition are here: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 5 | T-Mobile Support
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Clearing the cache was the miracle cure!! Everything is running 50% faster and we'll see if the random locking stops...thank you!!
    B. Diddy likes this.

The same thing is happening to me, I'll look at the cache clearing. Curious if your issue is still resolved? This is super frustrating. I find it happens more in the morning after I haven't been using it, or it was charging for an extended amount of time.