Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default [Q] Please HELP Me, this isn't just another Sprint HTC One M8 factory reset

Hi people I hope one of your intelligent folk can help me out. Basically I bought a M8 on eBay at good price. The problem with it is it is STUCK in BOOTLOADER.

When I got the phone it was rooted, boot loader unlocked, and TWRP recovery. So after spending close to 7 hours trying to get this thing back to 100% STOCK, I think I am running of options. So after doing a LOT OF research I learnt that I need RUU to take back to stock but in order to do that I needed to UNROOT, so I CMD; "OEM lock" which made the phone "Relocked" "Tampered". So I thought I was done but now I am still having the same issue as I had before which is in RUU I keeping getting "131 Customer ID Error". Apparently that errors means I am using the wrong region RUU, but how is that possible when I am using the Sprint RUU found on XDA?!? So basically, I believe my solution is that to get my S-off, so I can run that RUU, but how can I get my S-off if the only thing I can access is the Bootloader?

Someone please help me! I am willing to paypal money if needed. Thank you.

Default Re: [Q] Please HELP Me, this isn't just another Sprint HTC One M8 factory reset

Hmmm sticky situation there for sure.. Yes your correct you need S OFF to use the RUU.

I achieved S OFF and such from Terminal Emulator app directly on the phone but it can be done via computer too..
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Default Re: [Q] Please HELP Me, this isn't just another Sprint HTC One M8 factory reset

So what can I do? Is this phone actually a BRICK now?>