Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Post S3 says it can't find reliable connection when doing initial setup

Hi Everyone,

So I just got another galaxy s3 and I'm trying to do the initial setup in my office right now and it keeps telling me that it couldn't sign in "can't establish a reliable connection to the server." My office uses a proxy server and even though I added the proxy info when connecting to wifi settings during the first step, i'm wondering if that could be why it can't find the connection. What do you guys think/any solution ideas?

I'm also in a different country at the moment and the phone was just brought to me, so I don't have connection to the cell service network of my provider. Do you think that could be why it isn't working or does the phone only need wifi to do this initial login. Thanks a ton.
    Banned

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Default Re: S3 says it can't find reliable connection when doing initial setup

I would guess the phone requires a mobile connection to your provider for the initial login.