Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Angry lost battery and now will not turn on

my samsung galaxy s3 mini lost charge and when i put it on charge it will not charge/turn on at all. ive tried trouble shooting, hard reset, different sockets/plugs/chargers, taken the battery out for a few minutes and placed it back inside the phone, and none work. anyone know how to fix this?
    Banned

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Default Re: lost battery and now will not turn on

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    my samsung galaxy s3 mini lost charge and when i put it on charge it will not charge/turn on at all. ive tried trouble shooting, hard reset, different sockets/plugs/chargers, taken the battery out for a few minutes and placed it back inside the phone, and none work. anyone know how to fix this?
    Sounds like your battery is very dead. Could be because the battery itself has gone to battery heaven. Or because you screwed up the charger cable's micro-USB connection where it goes into the phone, so that it doesn't make proper contact and can't charge. You can check both by putting another, working and charged, battery in your phone. If it works there is nothing wrong with your phone. And if you stick your 'old' battery into another S3 and it turns out to work (after charging) then there's nothing wrong with the battery either. Which leaves the charger as the culprit. With most likely a bent micro-USB connector.
    In that case: replace.

Global Posts
    13,381 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: lost battery and now will not turn on

I think it's the battery as well. Try getting a replacement and let it fully charge before powering on.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app