Photos Disappearing

Lory Conrad

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Help! My photos and some apps have begun to disappear from my Galaxy Note 3! Also, some videos I take with the default camera are now "not supported." I am attaching a screen shot from "About Device."

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 2014-07-18-07-53-52.jpg
    2014-07-18-07-53-52.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 2

Indoler

Banned
Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
First things first: have you got backups of those photos on another device or in the cloud?
If not make them right now! And those lost photos may probably be lost forever.
Next, install Dropbox on your phone and tweak its Settings to sync (when on WiFi!) every new photo in the DCIM folder on the phone. Then you will always have automatic backups in your Dropbox of every picture you take.
If you also have a tablet, or laptop or desktop PC, you can install Dropbox on that/those too so that you always have access to all your photos on all those devices.

Added benefit: you can always delete all your photos from your phone after syncing so that you can use that storage space again and again, because everything will be in your Dropbox cloud anyway.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Have you installed anything recently that may have caused this issue? Or perhaps the issue started when another app or service was installed?

I would suggest backing up your data and apps the factory reset. Reinstall your apps one at a time and wait a while between installs. See if you can identify the problem.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app