Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Photos Disappearing

Help! My photos and some apps have begun to disappear from my Galaxy Note 3! Also, some videos I take with the default camera are now "not supported." I am attaching a screen shot from "About Device."

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photos Disappearing-2014-07-18-07-53-52.jpg  
    Banned

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Default Re: Photos Disappearing

First things first: have you got backups of those photos on another device or in the cloud?
    If not make them right now! And those lost photos may probably be lost forever.
    Next, install Dropbox on your phone and tweak its Settings to sync (when on WiFi!) every new photo in the DCIM folder on the phone. Then you will always have automatic backups in your Dropbox of every picture you take.
    If you also have a tablet, or laptop or desktop PC, you can install Dropbox on that/those too so that you always have access to all your photos on all those devices.

Added benefit: you can always delete all your photos from your phone after syncing so that you can use that storage space again and again, because everything will be in your Dropbox cloud anyway.

Global Posts
    13,077 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Photos Disappearing

Have you installed anything recently that may have caused this issue? Or perhaps the issue started when another app or service was installed?

I would suggest backing up your data and apps the factory reset. Reinstall your apps one at a time and wait a while between installs. See if you can identify the problem.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app