Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Cool MMS - Picture + Text + Voice Recording Not Always Successful

Hello Android Fanatics!

I've been searching and reading about the MMS sending/recieving failures happening over the years and wanted to see if anybody has tried sending an MMS with text, a picture, and a voice recording (about 15 seconds worth) and has experienced issues with people receiving both the picture & voice recording. I do this every Friday to make people laugh, yet I've found lately that some (if not half) the people I send it to don't get the voice recording and/or the picture attached.

Here's my info:
    Phone: Galaxy S5
    Carrier: Verizon Wireless
    App: Samsung's Message App
    Misc: The voice recorder I use is also the Samsung's default recorder and the camera also.

Again, some get 1 or the other, but other do get both so it's a random thing. When I send the messages I send them one after another, individually, not as a group MMS. When sent it shows up on my phone as both being sent, no errors, no messages, everything looks just fine.

What I think it might be? It's possible I'm stressing it out too much sending the same message multiple times over the network, one after another, but we're talking 4G LTE here... and to the best of my knowledge, I don't think I've had this much trouble before I got the SG5. Before I was using Straight Talk with a ZTE Majesty. I would have some difficulties then, but that's to be expected from a 3G(ish) network with a generic type phone.