Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default HTC Droid Incredible 2 update??

I am an owner of an HTC Droid Incredible 2, and I heard about this ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) that was supposed to come out for the DINC 2, but that was last year. So I'm not even going to worry about that. But is there any possible way for me to find out when the next software update for my phone will be? It's not really necessary for me to have it, but I would like my phone to be more up to date.
  2. Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    I am an owner of an HTC Droid Incredible 2, and I heard about this ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) that was supposed to come out for the DINC 2, but that was last year. So I'm not even going to worry about that. But is there any possible way for me to find out when the next software update for my phone will be? It's not really necessary for me to have it, but I would like my phone to be more up to date.
    Sorry, I don't think they will update that phone anymore. If I'm wrong, then the update is pretty overdue. If you want to upgrade to a newer android version, you might want to look into rooting your phone and flashing a custom ROM.

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: HTC Droid Incredible 2 update??

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    Sorry, I don't think they will update that phone anymore. If I'm wrong, then the update is pretty overdue. If you want to upgrade to a newer android version, you might want to look into rooting your phone and flashing a custom ROM.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!